Sports injuries come in a range of forms. This includes chronic, acute, and ongoing. Our team works to get to the sources of the problems to alleviate tough aches and pains.
come in many forms and types of complexity. These include chronic, acute, and prolonged injuries. Our team works to get to the source of the problems to alleviate severe pain and get back to your usual life rhythm.
WHAT IS SPORTS INJURY REHABILITATION?
Sports injury rehabilitation is a structured program designed by our physiotherapists for people who have sustained a sporting injury. Depending on the type of injury you have sustained, your designed plan will include several parts, which may consist of strengthening exercises, mobilizing, pain relief techniques, and functional skills. At Parliament Physio Clinic, we aim to maximize recovery by tailoring the rehabilitation to your individual goals and monitoring your progress throughout.
HOW WILL THE THERAPY GO?
Our musculoskeletal physiotherapists will work with you to provide a thorough rehabilitation program that will encourage many benefits, including:
- Restoring full function as soon as possible
- Faster recovery and return to sport
- Strengthening weakened muscle groups
- Reducing any pain and inflammation from your injury
- Maintaining cardiovascular fitness while you are out of the sport
- Minimizing the risk of future injuries
- Improving your flexibility and coordination
- Advice on correct footwear and equipment
Whether you got injured while playing high-level sport or during a recreational activity, the physiotherapists at our clinic will be able to design you a full rehabilitation program to help you get back to full fitness. Our physiotherapists have a vast amount of experience in treating a wide variety of sports injuries, including:
- Recent or chronic injuries
- An anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) ruptures or tears in the knee
- Shoulder dislocation or separation
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Frozen shoulder syndrome
- Stress fractures
- Pulled hamstrings
HOW DOES SPORTS INJURY REHABILITATION HELP?
Your rehabilitation program, designed by our dedicated musculoskeletal therapists, will improve your recovery in the following ways:
- Breaking down scar tissue and promote the healing of tissues
- Stretching muscles and ligaments to increase range of movement
- Relieve any muscle spasm or stiffness
- Increasing lubrication and nutrition of injured and unaffected joints
- Removes chemicals in the injured area that are causing pain
- Builds up weakened muscles to regain full function
If you would like to learn more about sports injury rehabilitation, contact us directly at +1 (416) 274-7979. You can also book an appointment online. Call us now, and start feeling better today.